Part of the American Genre Film Archive range.
The initial run comes with Limited Edition 'O-ring' packaging.
Meet your new favourite action hero. Throughout the 1980s, Black filmmaker and martial artist William Lee wrote, produced, directed, and starred in dozens of D.I.Y. action epics -- all shot on Super 8 in Ohio and New York City. From TREASURE OF THE NINJA (1987, Lee’s most ambitious and beloved movie) to THE NEW CHINESE CONNECTION (1980, an homage to Bruce Lee -- William Lee’s idol), these inclusive and explosive works serve as an inspiration to anyone with a dream, pulse, or appreciation for spinning kicks. AGFA + Bleeding Skull! are elated to bring the best-of-the-best in William Lee’s early filmography to a wider audience for the first time ever, complete with brand new transfers and a revelatory stack of previously unreleased films.
• Bonus movie: DRAGON VS. NINJA (1984), previously unreleased and transferred in 2K from the original Super 8 elements
• TREASURE OF THE NINJA: New transfer from the original 3/4” master tape
• TREASURE OF THE NINJA: Commentary track with William Lee and Bleeding Skull’s Annie Choi and Joseph A. Ziemba
• Short: THE NEW CHINESE CONNECTION (1980), previously unreleased and transferred in 2K from the original Super 8 elements
• Shorts: the WILLIE JACK series, all previously unreleased and transferred in 2K from the original Super 8 elements
• Reversible cover artwork
NOTICE! TREASURE OF THE NINJA was shot on super 8 and edited on tape. Please approach the technical quality of the transfer with empathy.